HULL – Croatian Leukemia and Lymphoma Society / Hrvatska udruga leukemija i limfomi (Croatia)
Scope of organisation
HULL is the leading Croatian society for hematological patients, their families and caregivers. We are providing help, advocacy and support for patients with AML and other hematological diseases.
Our regular activities are:
- Conducting educational campaigns: ”With knowledge to health ”, ‘I have only one wish”, ”Make blood cancer visible”.
- Monthly educational lectures for patients and general public.
- Free medical consultations for patients and their families.
- Deals with all the problems that hematological patients have.
Aside from just talking and sharing experiences we organize educational lectures and workshops. Informing the patients by means of educational booklets, website, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Support services offered and available resources
Information on COVID-19
- COVID-19 information hub
Services for HCP
- Healthcare professional education
Patient support services
- Buddy schemes (1:1 support)
- Directory of local / national support groups
- Local support groups
- Online group / chat or forum
- Patient meetings
- Telephone support / support helpline
- Welfare / financial support
Education services / Capacity building
- Educational events
- Publications and presentations at relevant blood cancer meetings
- Clinical Trials directory
- CLL news and conference coverage
- Online leaflets & booklets
- Printed leaflets & booklets
Campaigning and Advocacy
- Advisory statements and position papers
- Awareness campaigns
- Health Technology Appraisals (HTA)
- Input in writing and/or in person to government and regulatory organizations
- Fundraising resources
- Personal Advocacy
- Surveys of the community served