Magyar Rákellenes Liga – Hungarian Cancer League (Hungary)
Scope of organisation
MRL has been involved in the fight against cancer since 1990 as a non-governmental organization.
Our most important tasks are: health education, raising awareness of the importance of early detection and self-examination, organizing and promoting screenings among the population.
We support patients and their relatives with professional, legal and spiritual assistance, and we help them with their rehabilitation through club sessions.
We organize courses for doctors and nurses, we train volunteer helpers.
We support healthcare institutions with funds purchased from fundraising.
Support services offered and available resources
Information on COVID-19
- COVID-19 information hub
Services for HCP
- Healthcare professional education
Patient support services
- Buddy schemes (1:1 support)
- Directory of local / national support groups
- Local support groups
- Online group / chat or forum
- Patient meetings
- Telephone support / support helpline
- Welfare / financial support
Education services / Capacity building
- Educational events
- Publications and presentations at relevant blood cancer meetings
Digital Tools & Resources
- Website pages
- Clinical Trials directory
- CLL news and conference coverage
- Online leaflets & booklets
- Printed leaflets & booklets
Campaigning and Advocacy
- Advisory statements and position papers
- Awareness campaigns
- Health Technology Appraisals (HTA)
- Input in writing and/or in person to government and regulatory organizations
- Fundraising resources
- Personal Advocacy
- Surveys of the community served