Scope of organisation
Our appeal is to people who have always wanted to know how to save lives!
The Foundation for the Promotion of Bone Marrow Transplantation (SFK) provides information on the requirements placed on a bone marrow/stem cell donor.
The SFK has founded regional SOS groups and looks after these patient groups in seven cities in German-speaking Switzerland. However, due to the Covid19-situation currently only “online”._
Patients with cancer in bone marrow – and their relatives – meet in the SOS groups- leukaemias, myelodysplastic syndromes, multiple myeloma/plasmacytoma, lymphomas.
Support services offered and available resources
Information on COVID-19
- COVID-19 information hub
Services for HCP
- Healthcare professional education
Patient support services
Education services / Capacity building
- Educational events
- Publications and presentations at relevant blood cancer meetings
Digital Tools & Resources
- Website pages
Campaigning and Advocacy
- Advisory statements and position papers
- Awareness campaigns
- Health Technology Appraisals (HTA)
- Input in writing and/or in person to government and regulatory organizations
- Fundraising resources
- Personal Advocacy
- Surveys of the community served