Taiwan Bone Marrow Transplantation Association (Taiwan)
Scope of organisation
BLOOD CANCER support organisation (non-CLL-specific)
TBMTA is a patient group with members of patients and patients’ family
- to hold seminars in northern, central and southern Taiwan periodically to educate patients and patient families about updated knowledge about blood related cancers, therapy, new medicines and how to care patient during and after therapy.
- to offer telephone hot-line service and face-to-face consultant. Monday to Friday. Non-Medical questions will be answered by volunteers and/or social workers. Medical related professional questions will be transferred to professional doctors and/or pharmacy vendor health care hotline.
- to offer on-site consultant service in professor clinic rooms in hospital. TBMTA volunteer team arranges well-trained and experienced volunteers in professor clinic rooms in hospital to listen to professors together with patients. Whenever patients need, volunteers can explain into details with easy-to-understand language to patients and patient families.
- to publish education brochure and/or booklet free of charge to the public.
Support services offered and available resources
Information on COVID-19
Services for HCP
- Healthcare professional education
Patient support services
Education services / Capacity building
- Educational events
- Publications and presentations at relevant blood cancer meetings
Digital Tools & Resources
- Website pages
Campaigning and Advocacy
- Advisory statements and position papers
- Awareness campaigns
- Health Technology Appraisals (HTA)
- Input in writing and/or in person to government and regulatory organizations
- Fundraising resources
- Personal Advocacy
- Surveys of the community served