Webinar on “COVID -19 update, vaccination boosters and treatments”
18 May 2022 – 7:00pm BST – Webinar on COVID -19 update, vaccination boosters and treatments
The overall aim of this webinar is to update UK patients with current COVID -19 vaccination and treatment guidance.
Managing and navigating activities with COVID-19 circulating in society since restrictions have been lifted can be a challenge for immune compromised blood cancer patients and their families. This webinar seeks to explore current guidance regarding vaccination, treatment strategies and processes that are in place to support the immune compromised. The webinar and panel of experts will explore many of your questions, such as:
- Are all blood cancer patients considered immune compromised?
- Should I receive the spring booster vaccination and why?
- What is the impact of vaccinating immune compromised patients?
- What data is available about the effectiveness of antiviral treatments in immune compromised patients who caught COVID-19?
- Who should receive anti COVID-19 antiviral therapies if they catch it?
- What should I do if I test positive for COVID-19?
- Who should I talk to if I catch COVID-19?
- How can patients and families mitigate risks with restrictions now lifted?
- Are pre exposure antibody therapies likely come available to immune compromised blood cancer patients who have not responded to vaccination?
- What is in the pipeline against the latest and future COVID-19 variants
Audience: Blood cancer patients, families and friends.
Professor Alex Richter, Institute of Immunology and Immunotherapy. Professor and Honorary Consultant in Clinical Immunology, University of Birmingham.
Dr Helen Parry, Institute of Immunology and Immunotherapy, Associate Professor and Consultant Haematologist, University of Birmingham.
This webinar is organized and hosted by: Leukaemia Care UK