Canadian Cancer Society (Canada)
Scope of organisation
The Canadian Cancer Society is a national charity serving people with all types of cancer.
Its PURPOSE is to unite and inspire all Canadians to take control of cancer.
Its VISION is to champion work leading outcomes in cancer prevention, treatment and support.
Its MISSION, in trusted partnership with donors and volunteers, is to improve the lives of those affected by cancer through world-class research, transformative advocacy and compassionate support.
Please visit www.cancer.ca
Support services offered and available resources
Patient support services
Education services / Capacity building
- Educational events
- Publications and presentations at relevant blood cancer meetings
- Clinical Trials directory
- CLL news and conference coverage
- Online leaflets & booklets
- Printed leaflets & booklets
Campaigning and Advocacy
- Advisory statements and position papers
- Awareness campaigns
- Health Technology Appraisals (HTA)
- Input in writing and/or in person to government and regulatory organizations
- Fundraising resources
- Personal Advocacy
- Surveys of the community served