CLL Horizons 2016 Conference
The first international conference for CLL Patient Advocates took place 11-13 November, 2016 in Belgrade, Serbia.
Patient advocates from 25 different countries in five continents attended this event, to learn, share and start to think about how to help improve outcomes for CLL patients globally.
The CLLAN Mission is to enhance CLL patient care and improve outcomes by collaboratively:
- Acting as an international collective representative of CLL patient groups, interacting with healthcare funding, treatment approval, and treatment research organisations to improve access to novel treatments globally.
- Developing tools to empower patients to become advocates to influence policy makers and participate in health technology assessments, research and clinical trial development.
- Sharing best practices and resources between patient groups through annual meetings, education and a network website to improve CLL knowledge and awareness.
- Ensuring every patient has access to quality resources and support by engaging existing patient organisations to become network members and provide guidance on patient organisation development in countries currently under-supported.
The CLL Advocates Network’s immediate goals include:
- Connecting across the globe with:
– CLL patient groups
– CLL patient advocates
– Patient organisations supporting blood cancer patients including CLL.
- Hosting the first CLL ‘Horizons’ conference in Belgrade, Serbia, from 11th – 13th November 2016