CLL Horizons 2018 Conference
The second international conference for CLL Patient Advocates took place 31 August to 2 September, 2018 in Prague, Czech Republic.
The Steering Committee worked hard to ensure that the CLL Horizons conference included topics of importance to the CLL patient community and provides a unique opportunity for participants to share experiences and best practices
The conference was held together with MPN Horizons, just like we did two years ago in Belgrade. Most medical sessions were held separately but the advocacy session were held together.
Videos from the conference are available on the CLL Advocates Youtube channel here
The CLLAN Mission is to enhance CLL patient care and improve outcomes by collaboratively:
- Acting as an international collective representative of CLL patient groups, interacting with healthcare funding, treatment approval, and treatment research organisations to improve access to novel treatments globally.
- Developing tools to empower patients to become advocates to influence policy makers and participate in health technology assessments, research and clinical trial development.
- Sharing best practices and resources between patient groups through annual meetings, education and a network website to improve CLL knowledge and awareness.
- Ensuring every patient has access to quality resources and support by engaging existing patient organisations to become network members and provide guidance on patient organisation development in countries currently under-supported.
The CLL Advocates Network’s immediate goals include:
- Connecting across the globe with:
– CLL patient groups
– CLL patient advocates
– Patient organisations supporting blood cancer patients including CLL.
- Hosting the first CLL ‘Horizons’ conference in Belgrade, Serbia, from 11th – 13th November 2016
© 2018 – CLL Advocates Network
Website handcrafted by Lawrence Mouawad